Your HVAC system is an important part of your facility. It helps make the building comfortable and easier to work in for employees. But if not properly cared for then pollen, dust and other debris can make its way into the system contaminating it, leading to poor quality indoor air.
Your air ducts should be cleaned when:
- You ducts are infested with rodents
- They’re clogged with dust and debris
- There is a visible growth of mould
- When it’s obvious –particles are being released into the building via the system
When you notice one of the above, it’s time to call in someone who can help you clean the ducts. But as with anything, how do you know that you have received a good service? Are you sure that they cleaned the ducts thoroughly?
Here we’re going to look at how you can tell if your air duct cleaner did a good job.
Most duct cleaners use remote photography so that you can see what the insides of your duct looks like and how bad the build up is. Request that you see the ducts before and after the clean. This means that you’ll hopefully be able to see the extent of their work.
You should ask that the cleaners:
- Cleaned the entire system including the ducting and all its components
- That all the coils are straight when the job is complete
- To see that each key part has been thoroughly cleaned. That should include the cooling coil, blower compartment, interior ductwork surfaces and so on
- Each register like the grilles and diffusers are re-attached correctly
- And that the system will function completely when the job is finished
If the cleaner finds that one part of your ducting is broken or damaged, we at Ducting Online can provide the solution. We’re specialists in heating, ventilation and air conditioning supplies, so whatever it is you need, we can help.
To find out more, get in touch with us today.